- Any scissor that will cut through the fabric easily, almost any sharp scissor will.
- Any t-shirt that you want to convert into off the shoulder top.
- Lay the t-shirt on a flat surface, in my case bed. Grab your scissor.
(See how bad this t-shirt is! Now yo know why I don't like it! :/)
- It's your choice which side you want to the top to go off-shoulder. I have chosen left side.
- Make a small cut near the neck of the top to the side which you want to be on the shoulder which in my case is right side,
- Notice how I made the cut very close to the stitching of the neck on the side which I want to be on my shoulder (right side).
- Now make the cut on the other side, which will be our off the shoulder side. But this time make the cut a little away from the neck, like so:
(P.S: See the tips below to know how far should you make the cut)
- Start cutting the neck from the right side (on the shoulder side), but be very close to the stitch.
(Bad picture quality, yes!:( *sigh* )
- Cut all the way, but stop a few inches before reaching the end.
- Now cut in the direction of the arrow, this time keep it a little away from the neck's stitch.
- Once the whole neck is separated stretch the shirt from the neck to loosen the fabric and give it a rusty look.
- I have used a full-sleeve t-shirt here so i cut the arms as well. If you are using half one skip this step.
- Now your Very self made off the shoulder top is ready to wear.
- This is what mine looked like:
- You can use any t-shirt, full sleeves or half sleeves.
- Do NOT make the cut too far away from neck to the off-shoulder side.
- See the fabric of your shirt Before making the cut.
- If the cloth is thin, like mine do not keep the distance long or it will become off the hand top. Lol. Okay maybe i exaggerated. :D
Best idea is to first cut the whole neck close to it's stitching and then you can alter the off shoulder side according to your liking. Is this confusing? :/ Okay so I did my best to make this tutorial as simple as i could. Hope you give this a try. If you have any questions leave a comment down below and i will reply to them instantly! Until next time lovelies! :) Few more pictures of the shirt: The sleeves: Sleeves again: You can even talk to me on twitter here: @Cbeautieshubhi If you want any information on anything let me know. :)