When I first got to know that aspirin and disprin, apart from being consumed internally can also be used on The Face, I have to admit that I did not believe it at all.
I spent weeks researching whether this was for real or not!
After spending several days and nights reading about the safety of this mask, I finally decided to give it a try.
Before moving on how to make the mask, let me tell you why this thing works.
How does aspirin or disprin cure acne?
Aspirin and Disprin both consist of Salicylic acid.
Salicylic acid unclogs pores and increases cell turnover.
It penetrates deep inside pores and exfoliates them and unclogs the residue that causes acne.
And even if you don’t have acne, this will clean the pores to its very end.
When you go to buy aspirin make sure that it is the uncoated one, because coated one won’t work.
The reason is that coated aspirin has a layer over it, that does not dissolve.
This is a coated aspirin:
The colour varies depending on each company.
I dissolved this one in water for 15 minutes, and the skin became soft enough to peel off:
LOL! i salvaged the pill.
Once, the skin is soft it's easy to peel it off.
After peeling the skin off.
Now this is the uncoated aspirin, if you want you can use this as well, but uncoated one is easily available as well.
Also, remember that there are different mgs of aspirin available in the market, if you have sensitive skin start with the lowest one available.
Method of preparation of the mask:
• 2-3 tablets of aspirin or disprin, depending on the area that you want to apply this to.
• A few drops of honey
• A few drops of clean water.
• A plate/bowl.
How to make this mask:
• Place the tablets in the plate or palm, like so:
• Now, add a few drops of water to it
• I am using disprin here because I couldn't find aspirin.
• Once, it soaks all the water and starts rising up. This is how it looks:
add few drops of honey.
• Mix well and apply on the entire face or just a patch, whatever you want.
• Once it dries, wash off with Luke warm water.
• Apply moisturizer, and you are done.
Some Important points to keep in mind:
• Avoid going out in the sun after using this mask, as your skin will be more sensitive. The best time to use this mask is in the evening or at night.
• If you have sensitive skin, use it on a simple patch instead of the entire face to check out if this is okay for you.
• Use as low mg of aspirin as possible, the first time.
• Remember the effect of the mask is entirely on how strong the tablet is i.e. the stronger the aspirin the quick the results.
• This mask can be very drying, that is why we have added honey to it, so make sure that you don’t overdo this.
• Do not use this more than once or twice a week.
If you still have any questions, just leave them in the comments down below.
I hope you give this a try and let me know the results.
Thank you for reading.